Lifestyle Weight Loss is a support program to assist those who want to reach a healthy weight and maintain it. We use the book, Bright Line Eating by Susan Peirce Thompson as a foundation. Currently, our program consists of weekly online support meetings, a monthly get-together for those in the Middle Tennessee area and additional optional coaching and testing. Our support system includes:
- An effective, four-tiered plan for sustained weight loss based on the brilliant program laid out in Bright Line Eating. Doctor Thompson's plan is not unique. She has borrowed the basic idea from other 12 step programs. However, her book is a well-thought out and expressed plan for weight loss success that anyone can read and adopt She uses researched-based and established protocols for long term health and weight loss. This is not an extreme, short-term diet, but a sustainable, long-term plan.
- A Christ-centered approach with biblical devotions and and prayer support.
- Encouragement and support for eating real food that you plan and prepare. We advocate healthy, non-processed foods. You may maintain any personal bent involving vegetarian or low-carbohydrate choices.
- Training in meal planning and preparation.
- Help in dealing with cravings and the difficult emotions surrounding dietary changes.
- Solutions for the challenges of social settings and home life.
- A time for you to share your struggles and successes in a small group setting.
- Optional weekly 15-20 minute coaching calls. (There is a cost for this service.)
- A private Facebook group.
- Optional testing through The Wellness Way, featuring Immuno Food Allergy testing and Genova's Wellness Way No Sugar Panel This service is for those who want to access health markers such as glucose, insulin, leptin, lipids, hormones and thyroid. Also, research shows the value of eliminating food allergens that can slow weight loss. This step is particularly helpful for those who are slower than most to lose weight and want to evaluate potential causes of that.
Here are several testimonies of past participants engaged in the program:
In seven weeks, I lost 25 pounds and 1 ½ inches from my waist. Even more exciting is that my diabetes is now under control and I am off all diabetes medicines. I have also gone from two blood pressure medicines to one. My doctor was amazed by the change and is considering reducing my final blood pressure medicine by half as long as I continue on this path! My lab results from my recent visit came back with all the numbers being in normal range. I can’t remember the last time that happened!
With the program I lost a total of 28 lbs. and have it kept off. I feel so much better with weight off my joints but most importantly I got my life back because I no longer have any of the severe IBS-D symptoms which made me so debilitated. I am so thankful to work the program because I now can focus on others areas of my life and grow instead of being consumed with thinking about food.
Following the Lifestyle program, I was able to drop 52 pounds in under 12 weeks from 227 to 175. In the following several months I was able to keep the excess weight off. The results in my life were complete normalization of my blood sugar, great blood pressure and pulse rate. My snoring and sleep apnea were eliminated. I am now wearing long- saved clothes from my younger, military fit days. I now desire the foods I should eat rather than those I should avoid.
The Lifestyle Weight Loss program is currently suspended for the summer. Feel free to contact Ann for more information through "Contact". Please specify that you are interested in the Lifestyle Weight Loss program.
One meeting per month will be held at Revolution Health Center, Murfreesboro, TN, on Monday from 6:30-8:00 PM.
There is no cost to participate in the weekly Zoom calls. However, you must register ahead and agree to the terms. Additionally, you will need to purchase a copy of the book, Bright Line Eating by Susan Peirce Thompson and a food scale. You may contact me by email with questions or I will call you to answer your questions if you request it. How to enroll:
- Contact me with your intent to enroll (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I will send you an enrollment form and disclaimer.
- After I receive your completed enrollment and signed disclaimer you are officially enrolled and I will send you a Zoom link and welcome packet (email).
Some common questions:
1. How much time will I need to devote to this program?
Answer: Weekly Zoom meetings are 1-1.5 hours. Assignments may include journaling and occasionally watching some videos. Some time will need to be devoted to planning, shopping and food preparation, but the meals are very simple.
2. Can anyone participate?
Answer: Yes, anyone may participate, male or female. However, be aware that this is a Christ-centered program and we may pray and/or read from the Bible during the meeting. If this offends you, this may not be the best group for you.
3. What happens if I don't participate fully in the program?
Answer: This program may be conformed to your goals and your pace. We don't judge anyone for their personal choices. However, the more closely you follow the program, the better the results.
4. How much weight can I expect to lose?
Answer: Average weight loss is 1-3 pounds per week, depending on how fully you participate in the program and your body's response. Men and those with more weight to lose tend to lose at a higher rate, especially at first.
5. How does this program keep the weight off?
Answer: When you make good food choices a lifestyle by making it a habit, then a healthy weight can be reached and sustained. Also, this program addresses sugar and flour addiction, which most programs do not address.
8. Is exercise included in this program?
Answer: No, we focus primarily on diet, especially in the beginning when you are forming new habits. Of course, if you already exercise, keep it up!